Let’s talk about food. Join the #AnnualFoodAgenda “Science SOS” action and engage with food researchers to answer all your questions about healthy nutrition. Can our diet have an impact on the health of our grandchildren? Why is it worth to choose fish from controlled environments? How to handle food to avoid microbiological cross-contamination? What should we do when we have symptoms of gluten intolerance? Institute of Animal Reproduction an Food Research PAS invites teachers, tutors and organisers of food-related events to book online visits of food scientists and let their audience learn about healthy eating habits. #AnnualFoodAgenda “Science SOS” offers meetings with microbiologists, food technologists, biotechnologist, ichtiologist and experts in molecular biology. We will talk about myths around the quality of fish from breeding tanks and take a closer look at sugars naturally present in fruits and vegetables. The consumers will also discover why food producers reach for ancient crops, and why we should not eliminate gluten from our diet without medical consultation. We will get an insight into the bacteria causing food poisoning and look at biofilm forming our e.g. our teeth. The topics available include also nutritional programming, the pro-health properties of raspberries and controversies around meat in our diet.
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research PAS, MASPEX
Variable, depending on the availabilities of school classes indicated during registration.
11th-27th May, 2021
Online (Zoom Platform)
More information: email@example.com
- Dr. Urszula Krupa-Kozak– biologist specializing in food technology and nutrition. She conducts research on the development of new functional foods and improves the technological and nutritional properties of food products.
- Dr. Anna Ogrodowczyk– specialises in allergy, immunomodulative properties of food components and their impact on gut microbiota profile and activity.
- Dr habil. Małgorzata Wronkowska– focuses on the analysis of products obtained using known or new technologies which could modify the qualitative characteristics of the finished product and provoke creation of new beneficial substances.
- Marzena Lenkiewicz– works as a senior specialist in a microbiological laboratory.
- Dr Daniel Żarski – his research interest concern i.a. aquaculture, controlled reproduction of finfishes, and reproductive biology.
- Dr. Julia Jarosławka – her scientific work is focused on central mechanisms regulating the maintenance of energy balance in mammals in changing environmental conditions.
- Prof. Monika Kaczmarek – head of Molecular Biology Lab; her research intrests invlove i.e. nutirtional programming.
- Dr Bartosz Fotshki – works in the area of biological functions o food, focusing i.a. on prohealth properties of polyphenolic compounds of raspberries.
- Dr Aleksandra Kocot – a microbiologist investigating the formation of biofilms.
- Dr Anna Kononiuk – her research interests revolve around food technology and food safety with a special emphasis put on meat processing.
- Iwona Kieda – coordnator of #AnnualFoodAgenda events at IARFR PAS.
- Justyna Banasiak – project leader at IARFR PAS.
- Agnieszka Czura – coordnator of #AnnualFoodAgenda events at Maspex.