On 27th of November we will celebrate the European Researchers’ Night for the 15th time! On this occasion, researchers from IARFR PAS will conduct a series of 15 online lectures for schoolchildren. The lectures prepared within the EIT Food #AnnualFoodAgenda project will address the most interesting topics in the area of food, nutrition and health. Remote teaching does not have to mean routine! Invite scientists to your class and join the celebration of science in Europe! The lectures will be a source of knowledge, inspiration and will cover the most current topics related to healthy eating and sustainable consumer behaviours. We will learn about the bacteria that inhabit our intestines and how we can strengthen our immune system with food. We will check when we should follow a gluten-free diet and take a closer look at the facts and myths about the quality of farm fish. We will get an insight into one of the most serious diseases of the 21st century – obesity – and see if fatty tissue can devour calories! And once we are on the subject of health and food, we will also learn about the most popular food allergens and check why we sometimes do grocery shopping not guided by our heart and mind, but … our nose!
November 27th – December 4th, 2020 – online
Online Education Platforms of Secondary Schools in Poland
School students and teachers
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Urszula Krupa-Kozak– biologist specializing in food technology and nutrition. She conducts research on the development of new functional foods and improves the technological and nutritional properties of food products.
- Dr. Anna Ogrodowczyk– specialises in allergy, immunomodulative properties of food components and their impact on gut microbiota profile and activity.
- Dr. Małgorzata Starowicz– her research work focuses on developing an analytical strategy for measuring the antioxidant capacity created by natural and food-forming compounds with antioxidant properties in various foods.
- Dr. Natalia Drabińska– her research interests comprise nutrition, specifically gluten-free diet.
- Marzena Lenkiewicz– works as a senior specialist in a microbiological laboratory.
- Dr Daniel Żarski – works in Molecular Andrology Team; his resarch is concentrated on isolation, physicochemical and kinetic characterization of sperm and seminal plasma hydrolytic enzymes of fish.
- Prof. Monika Kaczmarek – head of Molecular Biology Lab; her research intrests invlove i.e. nutirtional programming.
- Prof. Barbara Wróblewska – deputy director for science at IARFR PAS; her research investigations focus on immunomodulatory properties of food components.
- Dr. Julia Jarosławka – her scientific work is focused on central mechanisms regulating the maintenance of energy balance in mammals in changing environmental conditions.
- Dr Emilia Gospodarska – works in Central Metabolic Regulation Team at IARFR’s department of Biological Functions of Food.
- Iwona Kieda – coordnator of #AnnualFoodAgenda events at IARFR PAS.
- Justyna Banasiak – project leader at IARFR PAS.
- Agnieszka Czura – coordnator of #AnnualFoodAgenda events at Maspex.