On-line panel event and Q&A.
Most of our food comes packed in plastic. But should it? Plastic keeps food fresh but can cause environmental problems. Are more sustainable manufacturing and recycling processes possible?
Are there alternatives to plastic? What are the health risks associated with the use of plastic to wrap food? Is plastic essential to reducing food waste?
Our expert panel will discuss the issues and answer your questions.
This event is organised with Energy Transitions @Cambridge.
Cambridge Global Food Security.
18.30 – 19.30 BST (GMT+1)
Thursday 27th May, 2021
Register here: https://bit.ly/3vsnlNZ
For further information, please contact:
Abigail Youngman, Events and Education Projects Coordinator, Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge email@example.com
- Dr Lili Jia (Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge)
- Bryony Rothwell (RECAP)
- Claire Hughes (Sainsbury’s)
- Dr Michel Cassart (PlasticsEurope)
- Stephanie Wright (Lecturer in Environmental Toxicology, University of London)
- Dr Claire Barlow (Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge)