IMDEA Food institute with the International Union of Nutrition Sciences (IUNS) within the framework of the #AnnualFoodAgenda EIT Food project will organize the Webinar “Can we ensure healthy and sustainable nutrition?” aligned with the celebrations in the framework of FAO’s 75th anniversary activities.
This World Food Day 2020 is exceptional time as countries around the world face the widespread effects of the global coronavirus disease pandemic (COVID-19). In terms of food security this health crisis will inevitably lead to changes in the food and nutrition system to guarantee, health, well-being and quality life in a personalized way to the world population.
This webinar through the vision of high level experts of entities such as FAO,( Food and Agricultural Organization WHO (World Health Organization), IUNS (International Union of Nutritional Scienceswill analyse the state of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 to reflect and triying to offer potential answers to the future challenge of providing a healthy and sustainable diet for a growing world population that will reach 10 billion people in 2050.
How can we guarantee the food security of the planet?
We need to raise global awareness and establish global commitments and actions that will transform food systems to solve not only hunger, but also to reduce diet-related diseases and heal the planet. The future of food will also depend on the new consumers behaviours who, with their choices, will determine the new patterns of the world food system.
The webinar will take place on Friday 16th October from 1pm to 6pm CEST through a videoconference platform.
Collective action in 150 countries is what makes World Food Day one of the most celebrated days on the UN calendar. Hundreds of events and outreach activities bring together governments, businesses, NGOs, media and the general public. They promote awareness and action around the world in favour of the hungry and the need to ensure healthy diets for all. World Food Day 2020 marks FAO’s 75th anniversary at an exceptional time as countries around the world face the widespread effects of the global coronavirus disease pandemic (COVID-19). It is time to look to the future that we need to build together
WEBINAR DRAFT AGENDA
1.00 – 1.15pm · Opening
- Prof. Guillermo Reglero – IMDEA Food Director
- Dr Ana Ramirez de Molina- IMDEA Food Deputy Director
- Prof. Alfredo Martinez – President of International Union of Nutrition Sciences (IUNS) & Director of the Precision Nutrition & Cardiometabolic Health Programme at IMDEA Food
Session 1 – FOOD
1.15 – 2.15pm · Presentations
- Prof. Francis Zotor – Trustee, African Nutrition Society (ANS): “Implementation of Panafrican Dietary Guidelines”
- Prof. Vish Prakash – Vice President of International Union of Nutrition Sciences (IUNS) & President of IUFoST: “Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security for Health and Wellness in the Context of COVID 19 Pandemic”
- Prof. Ascensión Marcos – President of FESNAD, Research Professor and Director of the Immunonutrition Group at ICTAN-CSIC: “Childhood Obesity”
- Dr. Lalita Bhattacharjee – Senior Nutrition Advisor – FAO Bangkok: “Food based approaches for healthy diets and nutrition: Asian perspective”
2.15 – 3.00pm · Round Table
- Prof. Ana Islas Ramos – Nutrition Officer, FAO Headquarters, Rome: “Healthy Nutrition and sustainable diets”
- Dr Luz Maria De Regil, Unit Head of the Multisectoral Action in Food Systems, WHO: “Programmes & Policy Opportunities to address malnutrition”
- Prof. Paul Amuna – Acting Dean in the School of Public Health, University of Health and Allied Science: “The Food Multimix Concept Zero Hunger”
- Prof. Lindsay Allen – Former Director of the USDA ARS Western Human Nutrition Research Center (WHNRC) & President of American Society for Nutrition: “Harmonization of Nutrient Reference Values for Populations”
Session 2 – NUTRITION
3.00 – 4.00pm · Presentations
- Prof. Linley Chiwona-Karltun – Associate Professor, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences | SLU • Department of Urban and Rural Development Karolinska Institutet: “Coping with food Insecurity in Africa then and now”
- Prof. João Rodrigues da Silva Breda – Programme Manager for Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity at World Health Organization (WHO Europe): “Role of Lifestyles on Health”
- Prof. Alfredo Martinez – President of IUNS / IMDEA Food Senior Researcher: “Planetary, Population and Personalized Nutrition”
Session 3 – CONSUMERS
4.00 – 5.00pm · Round Table
- Prof. Catherine Geissler – Secretary General of IUNS: “Education in Public Health Nutrition”
- Prof. Jose Mª Ordovas – Leader of the Nutrition and Genomics Team at TUFTS University & IMDEA Food Senior Scientist: “News trends in Nutrition”
- Dr. Usune Etxeberria – Head of Health & Gastronomy Research Area at BCC Innovation (Basque Culinary Center): “Personalized gastronomy”
- Annaïck Locqueneux – Head of www.lamarcadelosconsumidores.com Spanish Platform: “New generation of Consumers: “Consum´actors”
5.00-5.15pm – Closing